I think back on years that have gone by
Past by quickly and all the things I didn’t do
The things I never do the things I never did
The thing I never say the things I never said
If I go back far enough I may even think of you
I understand now why the change was necessary
Needed to save me from myself from my friends
Better chances down south but one question still
Remains after all these years
What might have been if I had been allowed to stay
If I hadn’t been forced to leave could we have been
Something more that we were slowly becoming
Young, lost, all alone I wondered what I’d do
You came and took my hand showed me the way
Made me laugh in a month of tears
Growing older, change soon to come I couldn’t see it
Change of place, change of pace
Old falls apart new begins to bloom
You’re everywhere
Just when I need a friend you’re there
I wonder if it could be something more
New I don’t dare ask
Now I never ask
If I’d stayed, would I be braver
The only thing I want to redo
Is me and you
No comments:
Post a Comment