I've always liked being alone. True story. There were many times when I was little and my brother wanted to play with me and I was mean to him because I wanted to play alone. It wasn't anything against him (usually (sometimes?)) I have just always liked my alone time (ok I was a brat when I was little but that's not what this post is about). I always loved it when I could hang out at home all by myself . . . turn up my music and party by myself in my room. I even get overloaded by socialization and then I have to take a break from the world and recoup in my own little world.
So why do I feel so lonely?
I've felt this way before. I remember when I was in the first grade and my only friends during recess were the "lunch duties". I sat out and watched the other kids play for a year, not quite feeling included and sad because my best friend from kindergarten was in another class. And then there was seventh grade. That was a rough year. I didn't even want to feel included that year because I just wanted to go home to all my friends and family and to have everything go back to the way it was before my 12th birthday. I made three friends that year - one at school, one at YW's, and one in the car pool.
I guess I'm just a little confused because it wasn't like this two years ago. But it was different then, it was easier then. I know that it's going to get better. It always does. I struggle alone for a year and then it gets better. People don't always like me at first, aparantly I put out a vibe of hatred. I don't mean to, but I've been told that I do. And I'm not completely alone. My roommates are alright and I have one friend at school.
Sometimes when I'm walking by myself or waiting all alone at the doctors office I wonder why I'm so alone. But then I realize that I'm learning to be independent and self relient. I only have myself to rely on out here. Except that's not really true. I have a lot of family, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, who have been so supportive of me while I've been out here. And I always have the Savior to rely on. I'm really not alone at all, there are always people around me, at school, at church, everywhere I go. I'm not as alone as I originally thought I was.
Playlist:
"Dancing With Myself" - Glee
"On My Own" - Les Miserables
"The Outside" - Taylor Swift
I think it takes longer for quieter people (like me) to find friends because the friends they bond with are usually quieter too. However, when you find a true friend, they stay friends because they aren't always flitting around looking for a new friend. Give it time. You are worth it.
ReplyDelete:(
ReplyDelete