Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Retrying Blogging

So I haven't been very good about blogging. But my one follower, Chandra, reminded me of that and I'm willing to give it another shot. Thanks for the support Chan!!
I'm now in my second semester at college and I am officially a "Freshmore" or "Sophman", I'm freshman age and I feel like a freshman, but credit's wise, I'm a sophomore. I still love it here, despite the snow and the wind!! I'm taking Human Anatomy right now (with some other really boring classes) and I love it, even though it's really difficult. In lab we get to work with real human cadavers. It's fun but it's also sobering. There is an immediate reverence and respect that comes over me whenever I step in the room with them. But I do enjoy the class.
Hopefully next week I will begin volunteering at the Valley View Medical Center, in the Cancer Center. I am very excited! I will be working in the library and I will be helping patients and their families research their diagnosis and I will be there to offer them emotional support. I will also be learning how to help fit them for wigs!! It will be a new experience, but I'm excited because I think it will be a chance for me to learn and grow as a person. I am excited to be able to help someone else who is going through a difficult time.
I don't really know what else to say. My life is pretty boring, just classes and homework and that's about it. Oh, but I'm applying to be an RA (Resident Assistant) next year. I still have to do interviews and I won't find out until March if I got it or not. But if I do, I'll let you know and give you more details.

1 comment:

  1. See, now that wasn't so bad now was it?!
    :) And in a couple you can write about how you saw a freakin awesome band playing at bread and soup night! :) Jealous. haha

    ReplyDelete