Sunday, July 10, 2011

Random Sunday Thoughts

I've been listening to Enduring It Well on the Mormon Channel. I've been listening to it for a while now and I never understood why I keep listening to it.  It's super depressing.  The host talks to people who's children/siblings/parents/themselves have been chronically ill/kidnapped/murdered/died/paralyzed/battled cancer.

Not exactly sunshine and rainbow happy discussions.

They try to make it as happy as they can by discussing great things like the Christ's atonement and the plan of happiness and optimism.  But still every time I listen to one I think "That was so depressing.  Why am I listening to this?  I'm going to stop listening to this." And then I listen to another one, wondering why.

I think I know why. It helps me to know that other people that go through hard things.  It helps me to know that people go through harder things then I do.  Things that seem unimaginable. And people get through them. It's comforting to me to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment