Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Quick Trip Up To The Great White North

Sorry no pictures.... I always forget to take pictures!


Mason, Dad, and I got work off on Saturday to go to a Family Reunion.  We were up in the Great White North for less then 24 hours (which is why anyone I didn't see shouldn't be offended that I didn't see them).

We left at 8 am (car drive consisted of rocking out to some great music with the family) got up there around 1 pm, ate lunch and wandered around the mall and walmart until 4 pm,

 Family Reunion (Games, people I don't know, playing with cousins cute babies, more people I don't know thinking the babies I was playing with were mine (nope!), handing cranky babies off to my parents/their parents/their grand parents, being adopted by one of my aunts (I got to hear all the pros about it, biggest pro, free food and they're kind of rich), eating, skit watching (some of the skits...ahem...chucks family...may or may not have offended half the people there...apparently only some people find marijuana funny?), people I do know lying to people I don't know (ahem...Jane), people I don't know introducing themselves (two hours in), people I don't know booing me for going to the U (ahem...maybe more on that later...if I'm brave...and stupid...and want to be hated by half the state...I'll probably leave it at that), people I don't know telling how their single children want spouses (wrong place to look for one...awkward silence...thank you dad for not saying that about me),  People I don't know telling me about my great-great-grandparents and taking longer then the five minutes he was supposed to take (didn't even TRY to condense the FOUR PAGES he read to us), and finally People I do know (and some I don't know) taking only five minutes to talk about someone I did know (and some people I didn't know).

Then we headed up to see (a few)  people on the other side of the family, watch volley ball games and sleep.

Then we went to church at nine am, got food from a loving Grandmothers house, and visited some cousins for a few minutes before heading home at 11 am (that car trip consisted of Mason sleeping and me sleeping and having a headache) and we were home by 4 pm.


 Now we're back home, safe and tired and a little cranky, but ultimately glad we came up.

No comments:

Post a Comment