It's never a good sign when the nurse trying to place your IV keeps saying over and over again "Oh shoot. Shoot! Shoot!" Or when the picc team requires three tries to get a good vein to take your blood, and thats with an ultra sound assisting them in the search for the vein. Or when your nurse leaves and you start bleeding like crazy and the nurse call button doesn't work. Or the appointment that was supposed to take two hours taking five and drugs you weren't expecting to have to take. And bruised arms for a week that would probably scare little children are no fun (thank goodness for long sleeve shirts!) Neither is having no energy - even if you see it coming from a mile away. Or being told a week later "yeah you probably should've had stitches..."
I'm not gonna lie, I was wondering where my miraculous instantaneous healing like the woman with an issue of blood got was last week. But if I got the miraculous blessing of healing than I wouldn't get lots of other miraculous blessings. Like the miracle of perspective. Or the miracle of compassion. Or the miracle of understanding. Or the miracle of humility. Or the miracle of being the one served and allowing others the chance to serve.
I wonder what the woman with an issue of blood did after she was healed? Did she just go on her merry way, quickly forgetting the hand of God in her life? Did she go on to serve others who were suffering, understanding in an intimate way what it means to suffer with no relief for so long? Did she continue to follow Christ? Did she bring others to Him to be healed as she had?
I don't know the answer to those questions. But I know that I'm really grateful for the miracles in my life, especially the miracle of perspective.
Playlist:
"Only the Brokenhearted" - Cherie Call
"If You're Going Through Hell" Rodney Atkins
Reading List:
"Waiting Upon The Lord" Elder Robert D. Hales
"It Is Better To Look Up" - Elder Carl B. Cook
That's All I Have To Say About That

Kels, your faith amazes me.
ReplyDeleteKelsi,
ReplyDeleteI am doing background study on this story for a women's Bible study that I lead and came across your blog. You have a beautiful gift of honesty and transparency. Your maturity and perspective is an inspiration. THANK YOU for sharing.
Mary
Kelsi,
ReplyDeleteCould you please contact me at mcmuray@spiritbuilding.com. I'm working on a workbook where the author has expressed an interest in your graphic, THW WOMAN WITH AN ISSUE OF BLOOD. Please, :-),,, thanks, Mac