My family an I were blessed to be able to visit NYC but personally I think we experienced more miracles and adventures on the way home from the big apple.
Miracle número UNO: making it to the airport after a two hour shuttle ride around the city picking people up, blocking traffic, and crazy traffic. But we made it.
Miracle número two: we arrived in the terminal about five minutes before 6 pm. Our flight wasn't scheduled until 7:30.
Miracle número tres: empty seats on the flight to Boston that was scheduled to leave at 6.
Miracle número quatre: mom listened close enough to the announcement about being able to get on the 6 o'clock flight to Boston before the storm.
Miracle número five: our seats on the flight ended up being close together and close to the back.
Miracle número six: Peter the perky flight attendant. And that's where our story gets fun! :) like I said Peter was our absolutely hilarious sweddish and gay flight attendant. We were stuck on the tarmac for two hours because of the said storm but it was honestly an enjoyable experience because of Peter. He was talking to us and telling us how he'd prayed that the flight would be grounded and that he was going to have a good talk with god but that he wouldn't pray to him. Then he was talking to my dad and said "I'm looking at you, and you're not perfect". To which my dad replied "I'm perfect, at least that's what my wife says." That cracked Peter up, as well as my family. Peter kept saying "wow I've met a perfect man. He says he's perfect. I'll never forget you, the perfect man." So flirting with my dad! We all just laughed! He also was kind enough to give us drinks and entertain us with tales of how he could've been a cruise ship director and of Orlando. I think he helped everyone feel better about life on the terminal.
Miracle numero seven: We took off just early enough to MAYBE make our connecting flight.
Miracle numero eight: Dad was sitting next to another flight attendent, who was kind enough to text her flight attendent friends who were on our connecting flight and ask them to hold the flight so that we could make it.
Miracle numero nine: After running through the terminal, we made it just in time to make our connecting flight! Because of this we were able to make it home in time to get some sleep, then get to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment