At the most recent General Relief Society meeting there was a talk given by Dieter F. Uchtdorf about the forget-me-not flower. It was a beautiful talk, if you'd like to watch it you can find it at lds.org. It was the perfect talk for me because moving up to this big city, attending a big university, which has a big institute, and being part of a big ward I've been feeling a little bit like the little forget-me-not; small and insignificant.
I've been trying to look at this experience positively though. It's a chance for me to overcome my shyness. And it's not like I'm the only one who has ever felt like I am just one of the ninety and nine and I'm sure that there are other people at my school in a similar situation who are feeling just as lonely as me. This is a chance for me to reach out to them. This talk helped me feel better about that.
Besides forget-me-not's are pretty. What would the world be like without forget-me-not's?
I think I've found a new favorite flower. What ever happens, just don't forget to remember me.





No comments:
Post a Comment