Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Fathers Day!

For the second year in a row I'm spending Fathers Day away from my Dad which makes me sad. In honor of him here is a list of the wonderful things I have inherited from him:

  • My awesome rhyming skills (see the subtle rhyme above of dad and sad).
  • My awesome dancing skills (just ask my EFY kids. I can assure you there was no sarcasm at all  when they told me last week what a great dancer I am.)
  • My obsession with les miserable. He and my mom took me to the play and I'm pretty sure he was the one who wanted to buy the cd. And he played it all the time. Especially the master of the house. Which swears. And I didn't know (I wa an innocent/oblivious young child) and I would sing the swear words at the top of my lungs. Maybe that's why he would play it? That's where I got my nasty swearing habit. ;)
  • My love for the beach boys, Elton John, and Billy Joel. 
  • My need to be fifteen minutes early to everything. 
  • My inappropriate sense of humor.
  • My awesome jokes.
  • Any talent I have working with kids (although I got that from mom too).
  • My love for reading (by providing the books I was surrounded with in childhood.)
I have been so blessed to have this awesome man in my life. And while I can't spend this Father's Day with him I can spend part of it with my awesome Grandpa H. Grandpa H. has always been an awesome example of quite service to me. I hope someday to be as observant and quick to quietely help as he is.

1 comment: