Everybody say that the teenage years are the awkward years in life. And in many ways that's true.
But I firmly don't believe that's the only awkward time in life.
I think the "Young Single Adult" years or "Emerging Adult" years or whatever you want to call it are extremely awkward years. Especially for girls. Think about it. This is the time of life when we have to make so many decisions. And they aren't decisions that don't really matter like "What color of shirt will I wear today?" no their more like "Where should I go to school?" and "What should I major in?" and "Should I go on a mission?" and "What about marriage (high pitched scream)?" This is a time of life when you are expected to make decisions on you're own, because guess what, you're an adult now. And you have to find a job, which isn't easy in these economic times, and provide for yourself.
Wait, this isn't what I signed up for.
I wanted everything to just fall into place.
Options?
Who wants options?
They just make life more complicated.
Yeah, yeah, I know, it's all part of the plan, it's all part of the learning process, it's a little thing we like to call agency. And most of the time, I'm a huge fan of agency. It's just on days like this that I get a little discouraged about how everything is going to work out and how I'm going to get through this lovely thing called life. But then I read things like this and I remember that I need to have hope and faith in the future. I know that I have gotten direction for my life in the past, and I will continue to get direction in life as I need it. I just have to remind myself of that fact sometimes, when I realize that my life isn't turning into that fairytale that I always wanted.
No comments:
Post a Comment