"Desire's dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions. The desires we act on determine our changing, our achieving, and our becoming."
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
The Gift
I have always been told that one of the greatest gifts I have been given is my body. Sometimes its been hard for me to believe when I look at my broken body and all of the issues it's caused me. But today in my parenting class I saw this adorable video and I found this cute blog and this other inspirational blog. And then I went to Relief Society and we talked in on of our "classes" about how special our bodies are no matter what. So I realized that I need to stop concentrating on my yellow skin and eyes, my less then perfect teeth, my lackluster hair, the few extra pounds I need to lose and how often I have been sick and how often I might get sick in the future. My body really is amazing, if I had been born a hundred or even fifty years earlier than I was I wouldn't be alive. In many ways I shouldn't be alive. But I am and I need to take more time to appreciate my body for how amazing it is. And I really feel like it was created and made extremely...unique...just for me and God's plan for me. So I should stop wishing to look different, to look "normal", and just be happy the way that I am and appreciate the beauty that comes from within me from the good choices I make.
Labels:
Beauty,
Lessons,
Life,
Pyruvate Kinase Deficiency
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment