I had a great time in the Great White North. I learned a lot. Like the U of U is HUGE! (Seriously, I got lost driving on campus, walking on campus, and walking in buildings. Have you ever been in their library? It's huge, there's a freaking restaurant in there. Walking through the library reminded me of walking through an airplane terminal. WOW!)
Parking is pretty much impossible to find in the Great White North, especially if you're looking for free parking. Just saying. Gas is less expensive there though (which made me happy!)
While I was there I didn't get nearly enough/as much looking for housing and jobs done as I was hoping (but then again I do tend to set unrealistic expectations up for myself a lot ok most of the time). But I did find some good stuff that I was looking for. I applied at a lot of jobs but haven't heard anything back yet, so I guess we'll see.
I ended up spending most of my time there practicing my big city driving skills and figuring out where things are in relation to each other (have I ever mentioned that I'm directionally challenged? Because I am. I even got lost WITH the GPS!) I was able to kind of figure out where things are located in the Great White North and where to get on and off the highway(s) and stuff like that.
I also spent a lot of time with my family. My Grandma had her 77th Birthday HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA! So I got to hang out with her and do cool things like watch Tangled until 11:30 pm and go shopping at Kolhs and Walmart and eat at yummy places like the Olive Garden. She was so kind as to invite me up to her house for the night and we played Mexican Train with the Garfield family. At the Olive Garden I got to hang out with most of the family, which I hadn't done in a long time. I learned a lot about my extended family and was able to develop a relationship with them separate from my nuclear family, which was kind of cool I'm not gonna lie. I also got to hang out a lot with Judy and Wes and I really enjoyed hanging out with them.
Basically the weekend was amazing and I learned a lot of things I wasn't expecting to learn even though I didn't accomplish everything I expected to accomplish. But that's the way life goes a lot of the time. Overall, I deem this past weekend a SUCCESS!
No comments:
Post a Comment