Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Hey there May 2013! When did you get here?

Glory, glory hallelujah! I survived!  April is over! And so is my life as I know it.  And at the moment I'm ok with it.  I'm even excited about it?  Maybe.  Weird.

Change.  Bitter sweet. 

I'm excited for this semester to be over.  Spring 2013 Semester was a difficult one.  I had some awesome experiences.  And some not so awesome experiences.  I feel much more grown up now.  I don't want to grow up. 

I'm nervous to be done with college.  I remember back when I was in first grade, part of my ID number was the year I would graduate high school.  2009.  I remember thinking that year would never come.  I mean, we were knee deep in the 90's then my friend.  And y2k would kill us all anyway.  Can you say new millennium?  And computers taking over the world?  And yet here we are four years after that year I thought would never come. 

I remember when I was in Young Women's, it must have been shortly after I turned twelve.  We were asked to set short-term and long-term goals.  Goals for the next ten years.  I remember thinking how ghastly old I would be when I turned twenty-two.  Gosh I couldn't really imagine it.  I knew by the time I was twenty-two I would have my crap together.  Everything would be under control and life would be perfect.  I would surely be married, maybe have a baby, and definitely be a BYU graduate.  Haha life is funny.

But more generally I knew that I would be a college graduate at age twenty-two.  And I graduate on Friday.  And turn twenty-two on Wednesday.  Goal accomplished. 

Accomplishing goals is a weird thing.  I suppose I should feel more accomplished than I do.  I'm glad it's over.  But I don't really know what to do next in my life.  You're supposed to set a new goal after you accomplish a goal right?  But "it's very strange.  I've been in the getting an education/being a student business so long, I don't know what to do with the rest of my life."  And no, I haven't considered piracy (Name that movie). 

But I'm excited.  This is a time of great opportunities and so many options for me.  I feel comforted because I know that I've been guided by a loving Heavenly Father to this point in my life.  And I've had many of my choices confirmed to me today. 

I don't know how it will all work out.  I just know that it will all work out.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Kelsi! I didn't feel all that special when I graduated either, felt kind of anticlimactic actually, but it the end of a very long road and it is worth celebrating.

    Before you set any exciting long-term goals, how about this one: Survive being a mother of 3 for 8 days ;) We can't wait to see you! Seriously, the kids talk about it everyday. They are ready to kick us right out the door and start up the party!

    ReplyDelete