Saturday, April 30, 2011

It's Springtime!

It's the most wonderful weather of the year! The sun shines, the breeze blows softly, the birds sing, the flowers bloom, the grass turns green, the shade of a big tree feels like heaven. 

I love Spring.  It makes me happy.

The problem is that as soon as that wonderful weather hits and it gets so close to finals and summertime that I can almost taste it, my motivation disappears into thin air.  Homework?  Who wants to do homework?  I'd rather sit outside and read.  Or take a nap in the shade.  Or go on a walk.  Or do anything else other than homework (or cleaning or work). Homework?  What homework?  Yet I'm not able to fully enjoy the beauty around me because there is this nagging little thought in the back of my mind (you should be doing homework. No I shouldn't!  Shut up!) What can I say, I've got spring fever and I can feel summer coming on just around the corner.  My mind is everywhere except on what I should be doing right now.  I'm hoping to find some motivation soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment