"Desire's dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions. The desires we act on determine our changing, our achieving, and our becoming."
Sunday, May 15, 2011
One of the main reasons I didn't want to move back home to the "Sunny South" was because I don't particularly like the YSA ward that I would be in down here. I have only attended this YSA ward once but it was really awkward and I didn't really feel welcome. It's a lot of people from my old high school who attend. I kind of like to leave high school in the past as much as possible. But my thinking is that if I don't attend this YSA ward and try to get a little bit involved, my summer is going to insist going to work for hours and then coming home and chilling out there. There will be no social environment if I don't go. So I need to go. I know that logically. But I still have this feeling of dread washing over me as I consider how I need to start getting ready and go over there. I want my old YSA ward back. I liked it. A lot. It was safe and comfortable and I knew that I belonged there. Yet here I am. I'm about to go to the uncomfortable and awkward YSA ward and be brought right back to who I was in high school.
Labels:
Awkward,
Change,
Summer,
Sunday,
Sunny South
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment