Friday, June 24, 2011

Heart Like Mine

Miranda Lambert's "Heart Like Mine" is one of my favorite songs lately.  If you've ever heard that song, you may wonder why I like it so much, I'm not much like the girl in the song.  But I love this song because I love how it points out how Christ understands everyone, even the rebels.  I like that idea and I really believe that is true. Christ understands us at our best and our worst and loves us both ways.

Today in Institute we talked about Mary and Martha.  I love the story of Mary and Martha but I kinda hate talking about it in classes and stuff because I feel like everybody through's Martha under the bus by misquoting scripture.  So Mary and Martha have the Savior over for dinner. Martha makes dinner and Mary sits and listens to the Savior.  Martha complains to Christ that Mary isn't helping and Christ says that Mary "has chosen that good part."  Not the better part, the good  part.  It drives me crazy because everybody says that Martha isn't very good because she doesn't sit and listen to the Savior.  I think that she just had a different way of showing her love, respect, and understanding of who He was.  And like my mom always says "Different is not bad, it's just different." Everybody judges Martha unfairly.  And I know plenty of "Martha's" in my life and I think that they are absolutely amazing.

I guess I'm just tired of people judging everybody all the time.  I think we should all just get along.  We have more in common then we have different.  We don't really know what is in others hearts and if we just judge them, we'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment