"Desire's dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions. The desires we act on determine our changing, our achieving, and our becoming."
Sunday, June 26, 2011
I Love Sundays When You Can Feel Your Heart Start To Heal
Do you know what it feels like to heal? I think it feels really good. Today as I got ready for my lesson, listened to the Mormon Channel, attended sacrament meeting, shakily taught Sunday School, and listened to the somewhat awkward Relief Society lesson, I changed. I felt the change more then anything. I've honestly had an awful summer. I've been miserable. I didn't want to be home this summer, especially with no friends, a dead end job, and a ward I wasn't looking forward to attending. I've been going through the motions, praying for a change of heart, and today it happened. I felt my hard heart soften like butter. I realized that I've been putting up barriers to my own happiness, deeming myself only worthy of misery. I've been determined to be the victim, the miserable, helpless victim. But I'm done with that now. I'm done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment