Monday, June 27, 2011

Normally You Shouldn't Get Me Started On Politics And The Direction America Is Going

I've been reading The Seven Miracles That Saved America.  I've really enjoyed it but what I've liked most about it is how it points out that God has protected and helped America all along the way, so we should also expect that there will be miracles in the future.  That idea got me thinking.

I had almost given up hope on America.  I mean look around.  Look at all the moral decay.  Look at the complete (not smart people) who we have elected to run this country and where they have gotten us.  I look around and see how extreme everybody is.  Almost everyone is either extreme crazy right (fox news, bill o'reilly, glenn beck, sarah palin, jason chaffetz, oh my!) or extreme crazy left (obama, nancy pelosi, harry reid, oh my!).  That's why I have a tendency to watch things like The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (rally to restore sanity) and the Colbert Report (yeah I'm part of the Colbert Nation!) and I read The Onion (they should win the pulitzer prize) because even though they are they're own type of extreme crazy, but they are at least funny. I talk about politics and I get really frustrated.  But reading this book made me realize that it's all going to be ok.

4 comments:

  1. It's like we're related or something ;) Although, I actually don't know that a ton of the people in our family are really into politics. Glad to know I am not alone in paying attention. I need to read that 7 Miracles book. We own it, but it just hasn't gotten to the top of my reading list yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that we're the only two that are cool enough to be blessed with the "politics gene"! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wrong! I like politics too, and I loved the book. (So did Grandma Heiner!) Enjoy it. I think Sabrina's book is actually mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I was just kidding! :) I know you like politics from when I went up to visit you! :)

    ReplyDelete