Thursday, June 9, 2011

Story of my Life

Today one of my really good guy friends came into work and we hung out in concessions, just the two of us, for about twenty minutes.

Initially I was really excited because I love hanging out with him.

I may have even had a little crush on him because he is one of the few guys I know who treats me really nice.

I could talk to him about almost anything and he went out of his way to include me in fun activities.

 I kinda liked him and I was trying to figure out if he liked me back.

 I kept waiting to be asked out on a real date.

It never happened.

 Now i know why.

A girl we used to work with got back from her mission on Monday.

He took her on a date on Tuesday.

I got to hear all about it today.

All about it.

He wouldn't let me change the subject.

 I just stood there and listened wondering what exactly he was expecting from me and the conversation.

I bit my tongue and didn't say what i was thinking because they were not nice thoughts.

I get the picture now that we're just gonna be friends.

Now I'm spending another sleepless night listening to"On My Own""Invisible""You Belong with Me", and "Teardrops On My Guitar" on my iPod trying not to feel too sorry for myself and not to give up on the notion that anyone will ever like me.

Yay late night pity parties?

Pathetic, I know.

 I guess that the worst part is that I'm not even that sad that over him, it's more of the idea that no one has liked me, does like me, or will ever like me.

 It's just the same old story that has played over and over and over through the past 20 years of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment