It's been a while. I've finished another semester and started a new job. I turned 21 and celebrated in the Sunny South when my family. I got my "adult" drivers license and I went to the temple with an old roommate.
I just finished Heaven Is Here by Stephanie Nielson and it's pretty much amazing, everyone should read it. Now I'm about a third of the way through the first book of The Hunger Games but it's common knowledge that book is amazing. I still haven't watched the movie yet. I've also been reading The Emerald City of Oz which I think is probably one of the funniest books I have ever read. My favorite part of that book is when the evil nome general is trying to get the Whimsies, strong creatures with tiny heads who wear huge fake heads made out of pasteboard, to join in his evil plot to capture a magic belt. He tells them his plan which they agree to. Then comes my favorite part of the book:
"One Whimsie alone seemed to have a glimmer of sense, for he asked: 'Suppose we fail to capture the Magic Belt? What will happen then, and What good will all our fighting do?' But they threw him into the river for asking foolish questions, and laughed when the water ruined his pasteboard head before he could swim out again."I've been thinking a lot about attitude lately. There are some people who just naturally have a good attitude and are optimistic. It doesn't matter if life dumps a butt-load-of-crap on them, their still happy and find the good in life. And some people are really good at hiding their trials, at making it seem like nothing bad ever happens to them. I'm not naturally like that, I'm pretty open about my problems and I have a tendency and if I get mad or frustrated I'm not good at hiding it. I have to remind myself to use my filter. Whether I'm mad about politics, network TV, personal stuff or whatever other random things I get upset about, everybody doesn't need to know about it all the time and life's still good even when things aren't perfect. I'm trying to give myself an attitude adjustment and I'm trying to learn to be as happy and optimistic as so many people that I know who I so admire.
The chorus of Kelly Clarkson's newest song "Stronger" pretty much explains how I feel about life.
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and I
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone"
And I've pretty much been OBSESSED with anything and everything to do with Mr. Alex Goot and Mr. Chad Sugg. Seriously. OBSESSED. I spend hours listening to their covers, their original songs, and watching their vlogs while working on homework, studying, filling out paper work, chilling at the hospital getting my blood sucked out of me, and just chilling doing nothing. It was hard to pick a favorite to share on the blog, but I absolutely love their cover of Call Me Maybe. It's way better than the original. But I also love What Makes You Beautiful, Wizards (love the Harry Potter reference), Pumped Up Kicks, and Stereo Hearts (how many guys can pull of singing in a spider man costume and use star wars references and still make me want to marry them? not many!). I can't decide who I love more, Alex or Chad. I pretty much just want to marry both of them.
And yes, I've shared this video on Facebook, Pinterest, and now my blog. I'm slightly obsessed.
(If any of those boys gave me their number, I would call them. And it's true, all the girls want their babies.)
Community has been renewed (even if it is just for a short season)! Cool. Cool cool cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment