So I did.
I went to the doctor's office, hoping there wouldn't be another crazy adventure like the week before. My doctor, Dr. P. came into my room and he looked at me incredulously "What happened?"
I didn't know what to say. "Well, I came for my regular doctors appointment and they drew my blood and an hour later they were freaking out and wanting to admit me to the hospital."
Dr. P. sat down in the chair next to mine and said in his awesome heavy czech accent "Kelsi I want you to understand something. I'm not worried about your liver. Your liver could kill you, but it won't. To put it bluntly - your liver isn't going to kill you - your heart will."
"Oh. Ok."
Dr. P. then continued on to explain to me about how he wrote the reference sheet about PKD that all the other doctors read to find out about PKD when someone weird like me comes in. So all the other doctors don't know what they're talking about.
Basically, my Dr. P. is the Dr. House of hematology. (You know minus the drug addiction, the limp, the getting the diagnosis wrong the first three times of diagnosising and the patient almost dying and the amazing good looks. And he also has more than one patient per week, which is sad for me because it would be awesome if I was my doctors only patient.)
![]() |
| Dr. House is so attractive! |
Actually I really do believe him that most other doctors don't know what they're talking about when it comes to someone weird like me. I'm a rarity. That's why I get to play fun games like "Stump The Medical Student" or "Stump the Nurse" or "Stump The Nurse Practitioner/Physicians Assistant" or "Stump The Doctor". I'm confusing. I make them panic. I shouldn't be functioning like I function. I really should be dead. I actually didn't have to explain to Dr. P. about what my blood disorder is and what my normal treatment is and such. He already knew it all. Plus some more. Which is great for me.
Dr. P. continued to tell me about the necessity of getting rid of my iron - so that my heart doesn't kill me. The good news is that I'm not going to die anytime soon - contrary to what I heard on Thursday.
Just a refresher my liver isn't going to kill me
![]() |
| I have one of the two organs pictured here and that organ isn't going to kill me. |
![]() |
| The organ that might actually kill me. |



Kelsi, you should go into writing. Full time, really, most of your posts have me cracking up. Although the last one had me more on the edge of my seat...
ReplyDeleteBut seriously, I love reading your blog. :)
Haha I'm glad I can entertain you! We need to play - sometime soon!
ReplyDelete