Thursday, July 12, 2012

Rapunzel and I


One of the great things about EFY is that it gave me cause to look at myself in a different light.  I wanted to let my kids know why I'm jaundice, but I wanted a fun and positive way to explain it.  So I thought of something brilliant.  I would tell my kids that my skin glows like Rapunzel's hair in Tangled.  It worked for them, for my fellow counselors, and even for me.  The past four weeks when I've told people they've been like "It's so true, you glow."  It's so much better to be told that you glow rather than looking at yourself like an ugly neon light.  And as we discussed the theme Arise and Shine and how these kids can get the glow of the Spirit by living the gospel I realized that "glowing" is a good thing.  I'm glad to "glow".

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant. You do glow in a very good way. Love you! I am glad we got to chat for a while a few weeks back. It was so fun to catch up. I am so glad this EFY gig is such an awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so perfect! You really do have a glow about you! and it's more than skin-deep ;)

    ReplyDelete