A year and a half ago, I wrote a post talking about the difference between boys, guys, and men based mainly off of Jane Austen novels, my own limited observations of the "male species", and a deep discussion with my beloved roommates. I feel like I've learned more about men and the making of men in the past month at EFY than I had in my whole entire life.
Boys: Most 14-15 year old and some 16-18 year old boys fall under the category of "boy", immature, obnoxious, and scared but not about to let anyone see that side.
Guys: Most 16-18 year old, a few 14 year old boys, and a few counselors would be considered "guys", fun to hang out with, think they are so cool, and think that they know everything.
Men: Most EFY counselor are MEN in every sense of the word. They are responsible, mature, fun, and spiritual giants. Men respect women and treat them like queens and men love the Lord and put Him first. I have never met so many men in my life as I have as an EFY counselor. I have never felt so respected. I feel better about myself when I'm around these men. And I can tell these men love the Lord and they love all those that they are around. And these men have such a tremendous effect for good. These men transform these boys and guys around them into men in less than a week. I've seen it happen every week. These boys and guys learn what a real man is like and how to become one. These boys and guys learn how to treat women. And these boys, guys, and men are lifting all the girls and women they are around and helping them to become better.
Basically this is a big thank you to all of my lovely co-counselor's and to all the other male counselor's I've encountered the past few weeks. You men are so awesome!!
Just so you know these men aren't the only men I've ever encountered. My dad is an awesome man and he has taught my brother to become an awesome man as well. I especially got to witness last week on our family vacation. I also have awesome grandfather's, uncle's, and cousins who are great men as well. And this past year I have gotten to know the awesome men that are in my ward.
Thanks you men for lifting me up and making me want to become a better person.
No comments:
Post a Comment